Saturday, February 24, 2018

The Love Club

Crazy Sam’s The Love Club (2013)



On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…
Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here.

1) Lorde has said this song is about a time when she fell into "a bad crowd." Her high-maintenance new friends were all about their romantic dramas and it overwhelmed her. Have you ever had a friend who was just too much work?
Yes he is too much work, but he has many medical problems including being suicidal and has been disowned by his family. I hate to give up on somebody.

2) She sings that she longs to be alone. Where do you go when you want peace and quiet?
Since I live alone it is always peace and quiet; sometimes a little too much.

3) Lorde credits her mother for encouraging her verbal skills. "Mum" let her join a theater class when she was just 5 and was always giving her books. Tell us about an encouraging, understanding adult who assisted you when you were growing up.
My parents, they never gave up on me.

4) Lorde is not the only celebrity from her class at Belmont School in Auckland, New Zealand. Olympian Eliza McCartney was a classmate who went on to win a bronze medal in Rio for the pole vault. Did you participate in any sports in high school?
HA!

6) Lorde wrote music for one of the Hunger Games soundtracks. Have you seen any of the Hunger Games movies, or read any of the books?
I watched the movies, and much to my surprise I liked them. I am not a fan of dystopia movies or books.

7) Her favorite candy is Peanut M&Ms. Do you prefer Milk Chocolate, Peanut, Almond, Mint or Cripsy M&Ms?
There is only one true… well maybe two true M&Ms and they are plain and maybe peanut M&Ms

8) When Lorde was on stage at Lollapalooza, a sudden storm interrupted her set. The music festival was evacuated and her performance was cancelled. Can you think of a time when the weather had a major impact on your plans?
This is another HA! Being almost 70 I have had many times when weather disrupted my plans. Thursday night I was going to go see Oscar Nominated Short Films but I was snowing with freezing rain

9) Random question: Please complete this sentence -- Before I leave the house, I always __________________________.
Before I leave the house, I always remember what my mother always said “Wear clean underwear, because you never know when you might have a car accident.”



Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!



I am working on a PowerPoint for Monday where i am giving a talk at a local community college on LGBT legislation.

7 comments:

  1. It's so hard to know when to let someone go. You want to help them, but if their issues are sucking you down with them.... I'm beginning to learn that there are some who just can't be helped. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think I would like the Hunger Games movies, either, but I ended up loving them, too! That's great you haven't given up on your suicidal friend; sounds like most people have. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clean underwear! Always important! :)

    I think your loyalty to your friend is admirable. It's a nice way to "pay forward" the faith your parents showed in you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You’re mother’s admonishment about underwear is a blast from my past, too. Lol
    I don’t like to drive in rain, and can’t imagine trying to get around in weather like you described!
    Maybe it’s time to peek at the hunger games movies... thinks about it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember that clean underwear thing too. I am sure that there must be someone out there who forget to check and got into an accident.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the Hunger Games books and thought the movies were quite well done. I don't usually like dystopian fiction, but this one caught me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clean underwear is very important. :-)

    ReplyDelete