Saturday, July 28, 2007

If Today is the Twenty Club Picnic, It Must Be Raining

Well it seems every time the Twenty Club has their annual picnic at Stratton Brook State Park it rains and this year was no exception. It poured and it poured at first there were only four of us when I got there at around 1:00 but a number of the members attended the Memorial Service for Dr. Petit’s family. Eventually when that got out, we had nine members show up along with a family and their son whom they believe is transgender.
There was a time when if you came out to your family, you were thrown out on the street. That is slowly changing, not that it still does not happen, but more families are standing by their children. Love wins out. They were asking where they could get more support, where are the psychologists who treat GID (Gender Identity Dysphoria), what can they do to help him, etc. There is hope for the next generation.
Also today, I had my hair colored to the color of my wig this morning; I washed that grey right out of my hair! Interesting experience and also smelly. A friend’s wife has a hair salon in Hartford where I normally had my hair cut but this morning I decided to try and have it colored, I had no idea what to expect, it was kind of like washing my hair with a paint brush. It has a very strong ammonia that I can still smell faintly still ten hours later.

No comments:

Post a Comment