Sunday, July 22, 2007

I was at a Campout this Weekend in Vermont

One of the support groups that I am a member of had a campout at a house of one of the members up in Vermont this weekend. She has a house on several acres out in the country in southern Vermont and is surrounded by forest. There were about twenty-five members there a long with about four or five spouses. The weather was beautiful, we couldn’t ask for better weather.
As with all campouts there were large quantities of food and booze. For some, I think, too much booze but at least no one was going anywhere. She has an above ground pool that I stayed in most of the day playing “keep the beach ball in the air”.
That night we had a big bonfire that we all sat around eating s’mores and singing. A friend always has her guitar with her and she lead the singing a companied by a couple of drums and tambourine. As we sat around the fire in the cool Vermont night I got the feeling of being apart of a tribe/community. These are my people, my friends. It was a very primal feeling.
I turned in just after midnight and when I awoke and fell back to sleep around 3:30, I still heard voices coming from around the bonfire. The next day I was back in the pool and was playing “keep the beach ball in the air” again.
Of course I brought my camera and here is some of the photographs that I took…





2 comments:

  1. I love the photos- especially the bonfire. Sounds like a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those photos are wonderful! I just love Vermont. But I live in Maine, which is the next best thing.
    ;-)
    ~Allison

    ReplyDelete