Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I Did It! Well Kind Of.

As most of you know I have been very nervous about going to certain places, like the car dealer last week. Well I had got go to a home improvement store to get some electrical supplies for the cottage and I was just dreading the idea, but last night I did go and as usual there was no problems. I did go in the evening just before closing because I figure there would be less people there, I was right there were only a dozen or so of shoppers and there were no tradesmen. You know the type; “T” shirts, old jean, tool belts and the top of their boots untied, right out of “Home Improvements”. They are the ones who I most fear.
However, I just couldn’t bring myself to ask for help in finding what I needed to put in a through the wall an outlet outdoors, so put off that fear until another day. I know eventually I will get it and I will someday go shopping during the day. I will conquer my fears one by one.

5 comments:

  1. I'm going to ask a nosy question, Diana. You can ignore me or tell me to buzz off; I won't be offended as I know going in that I'm being nosy.

    What is it that makes you nervous about this sort of thing? Is it stupid-and-personal comments from the "he men" or getting the "ignorant woman in a hardware store" treatment when you ask questions? Those are what I come up with when I think about it, but maybe I'm missing something.

    Totally NOT denigrating either of the above scenarios, believe me!! It's not a matter of "oh, is that all..." here, because they are ENOUGH of a reason! I'm just sorting through my own experiences and trying to decide which apply and which don't, and trying not to jump to conclusions (though I do get most of my exercise doing just that!). ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hun, good for you, one fear at a time. Over time you will have very few new ones to deal with. Take it slow and be brave, it doesn't really matter what assholes think though, just what the people who care about you do.
    ash

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take your time, sweetie. You'll know when you're ready. Listen to your gut. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are already doing it. You really do need to give yourself a pat on the back for what you've done so far and know it is okay to take it step by step.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mainly it is the fear of being humiliated and ridiculedllbjfjxq

    ReplyDelete