Wednesday, March 27, 2019

No Kidding Sherlock

Okay we all know that hate crimes are increasing, and that the country is becoming more divided well now a new poll has come out.
Support for LGBTQ Rights Has Dropped Among Young Republicans
Support has remained steady or risen among other key demographics.
NewNowNext
By Jeff Taylor
March 26, 2019

While support for LGBTQ rights is broadly on the rise, it is, according to a new survey, dropping among one key demographic: Young Republicans.

Comparing support of LGBTQ rights from 2015 to 2018, the survey, conducted by the Public Religion Research Institute, found support for nondiscrimination protections on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity fell five percentage points over that three year period, from 61% to 56%. Notably, that support dropped most among Republicans who had previously been most supportive, declining around ten percentage points with young Republicans ages 18-29 (74% to 63%) and liberal Republicans (68% to 59%).

Support among all Americans, Independents, and Democrats remained steady, dropping slightly in the first two groups and rising by one percentage point among Democrats. 71% of Americans are in favor of laws protecting LGBTQ people.

Support among religious people also remains high, with 80% support among Jews, 71% among white mainline Protestants, 70% among Mormons, 65% among black Protestants, and 60% among Muslims. The lowest levels of support among the religious (white Evangelical Protestants and Jehovah’s Witnesses) were still above 50%.
Wow young Republicans are supporting us!

The article goes on to say,
He said to understand the shift more research would be needed, but offered the hypothesis that, “The Republican Party is becoming more ideologically pure,” and that there are likely increasingly fewer young Republicans among the ranks.
What I find interesting was the Jehovah’s Witnesses support.

I was laid off from the factory where I worked for 28 year and I transitioned the same day. Well one of my former technicians spilled the bean about me; he massed emailed the employees about my transition (he was probably just chomping at the bit to tell everyone).

One of my technicians was a Jehovah’s Witness and when he found out he wrote,
Hi diana this is your friend _______!  I am getting older but still kiking!   I just want to tell you how much I valued your kindness to me during my trials with jenny sick and all..............  you helped me through situations that I couldent help my self out of.     just talking to me when I needed it really helped.   and all the instruction on the computer came in good st
I know about your change in life style but my feelings for all good.
We are winning over the hearts and mind of the voters.

No comments:

Post a Comment