Friday, March 29, 2019

Today’s Going To Be A very Busy Day Again

Change of plans...
One of the side effects of getting old is your sleep patterns are all off. I've been up since 3 AM and I fell back to sleep around 5:00 - 5:30 and slept about 2 more hours. So I'm bailing out of going in person. I have already submitted my testimony yesterday.



By the time you read this I will be at the Legislative Office Building (LOB) for about an hour to sign-up to testify on bill… S.B. 58 An Act Concerning Gay and Transgender Panic Defense.
Statement of Purpose:
To prohibit the use of gay and transgender panic as a criminal defense.
Connecticut would not be leading the way so far California, Illinois and Rhode Island have the law banning trans/gay panic defense in court.

So what is trans/panic defense, basically it is… I Lost It! I just flipped out when I found out “she was a man” so I killed her. It is using transphobia or homophobia as a defense.

If you live in Connecticut I ask you to please call or write your legislators in support of the bill.

To find your Connecticut legislator chick here.

For help in writing your testimony click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment