Saturday, March 09, 2019

Saturday 9: Up on the Roof

Sam’s Saturday 9: Up on the Roof (1979)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…



Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) JT sings that, when the world gets him down, he goes up on the roof to find peace. When you're "feeling tired and beat," what do you do to cheer yourself up?
Food therapy!
Always works until you get on the scale again.

2) He sings that, at night, the stars put on a show for free. Are you economizing, or sticking to a budget?
I make sure I can afford something before I buy.

3) In addition to recording this song for his album, Flag, James Taylor surprised the song's composer, and his good friend. Carole King by performing it the night she received her Kennedy Center Honor (see link above). Tell us about a good turn a friend has done for you recently.
She helped me clean up the new cottage when I bought it last year.

4) James Taylor and Carole King have been good friends for decades, but they have never been romantically involved. Do you have platonic friends of the opposite sex?
Yes.

5) James was born in the Boston hospital where his father worked as a resident physician. Are there any doctors or nurses in your family?
A sister-in-law is a nurse.


6) When James was young, his family moved to Chapel Hill, NC. James has vivid memories of how beautiful the area was in all four seasons. What's your favorite time of year?
Fall.
I love the rustle of leaves under your feet, the brightly colored leaves, the warm days and the cool nights that tell of a hint of winter.

7) In 1979, when this recording was popular, ESPN launched. Do you often watch that cable sports channel?
Zero… I wish that I can just drop those channels.

Update: Interesting tidbit, last month I had a meeting right across from the main entrance of ESPN main campus in Bristol CT.

8)  Also in 1979, the Voyager spacecraft sent photos back to earth that revealed Jupiter's rings. Without looking it up, can you name all the planets in our solar system?
Yes, even the one that’s not a planet anymore.

9) Random question: Our Saturday 9 Wizards give you a choice -- you can be 20 years old and gorgeous, 30 years old and brilliant, or 40 years old and rich. Which do you choose?
Since I’ve never been gorgeous I’ll go for “20 years old and gorgeous”

5 comments:

  1. I need a friend to help me clean up. Maybe then I'd stay on task and finish the job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a thorn in my side about Pluto...Haahahaha I still name it as a planet and consider it a planet.
    I am looking forward to cleaning up again this summer. I want to stay on top of it. My house got away from me when I was taking care of my dad when he was sick with alzheimer's. Loved your answers! Have a great weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Q1. Oh yah. lol
    Pluto will be in the planet line up as a full one when they discover water on it that has microbes that started life of earth. haha
    Have a great weekend NOT watching ESPN. I will join you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all miss little Pluto in the line up, don't we. Having someone to help you clean is a life saver. I pay two young women to come and help me when I want to clear out closets or rooms or whatever. They are terrific.

    ReplyDelete