Sunday, November 16, 2014

I’m Off…

...To church to do an outreach. I have been asked to do a Trans-101 to a parish because one of their members is transitioning so the congregation wants learn about how to be welcoming.

You hear all the negative stuff about churches and being damned to hell for being trans but there are so many welcoming churches out there that offsets the closed minded churches. And I don’t just mean churches like MCC (Metropolitan Community Churches) but churches like Episcopal Church, the United Congregational Churches, Congregational Churches, the Reform Jews, and many more.

The local Congregational church where my aunt worshiped I was welcomed by the minister when I had to arrange my aunts funeral.

So don’t paint all religions with the same brush because they come in all shades of the rainbow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment