Sunday, November 02, 2014

Some Thoughts…

[rant]
You’re so brave.
How many times have I heard that! I know they mean well but it is not being brave unless you consider doing what you have no choice it doing brave. I didn’t have any choice I saw my life going nowhere, I didn’t see any future except to continue to live my life in misery. I made a choice to live not because I’m brave but because I wanted to live.

Lifestyle.
Driving around in a convertible sports car in a polo shirt and white shorts with a tennis racket in the back seat is a “life style.” Being trans is not! You chose a life style you are born transgender, I have no choice in being trans that was how the cards fell. It is the same as being left handed, I didn’t choose to be left handed but it is a physical part of me, I was born left handed. Why do people continue to think we had a choice in being gay or lesbian or bi or trans? The nuns tried to beat my left handedness out of me but that didn’t work and neither trying to make me “straight.”

Acceptance.
Can you imagine someone saying “I accept your cancer” or “I accept your blindness” or “I accept your blue eyes?” Why do we need your acceptance to be who we are? Who are you to tell me that I can’t be myself because it makes you uncomfortable? Who are you to tell me that I have to live my life in misery because I violate your religious beliefs?

I don’t want your acceptance. I don’t want to be tolerated. I don’t care what you think. What I care about is that you treat me like you treat everyone else, that you treat me as a person.
[/rant]

I was reading comments on a news website and they pressed the wrong button at the wrong time and I was going to write this on the website but I decided to write it here instead.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent Diana. Thanks for telling it like it should be told and needs to be told.

    Richard

    ReplyDelete