Saturday, November 22, 2014

Saturday 9: The Main Event

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: The Main Event (1979)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun.

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This is the theme from a romantic comedy set against the backdrop of boxing. Sam admits she's not crazy about boxing. What about you? Do you enjoy boxing, martial arts or wrestling?
Nope, and I won’t comment on what I think of people who watch them.

2) If you went to a dance club on a Saturday night in 1979 or 1980, you might well have danced to this. What are your plans for this Saturday night?
I am going to a small intimate banquet with 500 other people.
My favorite disco song...



3) Gilda Radner was one of the original Saturday Night Live performers and in 1979, she parlayed her TV popularity into her own one-woman show on Broadway. Who is your alltime favorite SNL cast member?
I don’t have one because I never watched SNL

4) Sally Little and Nancy Lopez were at the top of the LPGA  in 1979. Do you golf? 
Nope, my father did and he always tried to get me to play but I never saw the point of chasing a ball around a field.

5) The movie The Main Event co-starred Ryan O'Neal. He is better known for Love Story, and saying the line, "Love means never having to say you're sorry." When did you last apologize?
I don't remember the date but it was not too long ago.

6) O'Neal got his big break on the nighttime soap opera, Peyton Place. He played Rodney Harrington, the handsome golden boy that all the girls dreamed of dating. Tell us about your big high school crush.
Naw, that is water under the bridge

7) In researching this week's Saturday 9, Sam discovered that The Main Event is a popular name for sports bars all across the country. Do you enjoy sitting at the bar or do you look for a booth or table?
A booth or a table.

8) The Mane Event was the salon Sam went to for years. She switched when it got too hard to get Saturday appointments. As a consumer, what's more important to you -- convenience or price?
Convenience as long as isn’t too much more.

9) More than 50 years after her first million-selling album, Streisand recently had a #1 hit with her current CD, Partners. What's the last song you bought/downloaded?
Actually I have never downloaded a song or bought a song, I buy the CD and the latest CD that I bought was by Namoli Brennet, a singer song writer.

7 comments:

  1. Like that "We Belong," nice song. If you were asking about the song I posted from The Hobbit, it is the song in the credits at the end of the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never watch SNL either. Have a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dad took me to the Bass Hall in Fort Worth to see some ABBA-esque group that toured the country with GAWDawful outfits but sang every song just like the band...I was the youngest person there. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your description of Saturday night! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean by water under the bridge. Sometimes, you just have to move on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm just guessing, but I imagine you're fave dancing song is akin to my favorite rap song...

    ReplyDelete