Monday, January 22, 2018

What Does The Women’s March Mean?


Protests were held around the country on Saturday and there was massive turn outs at all the events, so what does it mean?

Protest marches have been a staple of our country since before the beginning of the nation, what makes the Women’s March special?

Well first off, the size of them. In Hartford it was a record breaking crowd of around twelve thousand people. It crushed the number of people who showed up for and against marriage equality; those rallies only had a couple of thousand people attend them.

Second, they rally had women, sisters, and daughters marching but it also had fathers, brothers, and sons. It also was multi-cultural with people from different religions, races, and socioeconomic status attending. It wasn’t monocultural.

Third and most important is that from these rallies more women are running for office.



At the march and rally yesterday I was at the CT Transadvocacy Coalition’s table all day and we handed out just about the literature that we brought, we had a constant stream of people stopping by and asking questions.

I brought my camera but I only took two pictures before the battery ran out. I was going to check the battery before I left the house but someone called just before I left and I forgot to check the battery.

No comments:

Post a Comment