Saturday, March 12, 2022

Saturday 9: Beautiful Day

Sam's Saturday 9: Beautiful Day (2000)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…
Not today, it is a yucky day, snow, rain, and sleet all day today.

Unfamiliar with this week’s song? Hear it here.

1) This song is about finding joy in an imperfect world. What brings you joy today?

Yesterday, 55 and sunny!

2) The lyrics mention being stuck in traffic. A poll of Boston commuters revealed that drivers have a variety of responses to be stuck in traffic — everything from bored to impatient to angry. How do you feel when you’re stuck in a traffic jam?

Scared.

I found when you are stuck in traffic people do crazy things, especially when the traffic gets passed the obstruction. It is pedal to the metal and weaving in traffic to get ahead ten feet.

3) This year Bono and his wife, Ali, celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary. Who is the longest-married couple you know?

My brother and his wife.

I remember when my mother was dying my father telling the hospital staff that they were married 66 years. My mother’s death broke my father’s heart, all my father did after her death just sit in his recliner, eat and slept. All his life was drained out of him.

Editorial: If your parents live a long and loving life together, the children learn that from them. As I said my brother and his wife have been married for over 50 years, only one of his children got a divorce but that was because her husband wasn’t faithful. 

4) When Bono inducted Frank Sinatra into the Grammy Hall of Fame, he complimented Frank on his “swagger.” Do you think you have “swagger?”

Yes I do and it is the result of throwing out my back. 

5) When U2 guitarist The Edge did a charity concert at the Sistine Chapel, he became the first rocker to perform there. If you were to travel to Rome, what sites would you be certain to visit?

I have no interest in see Roman.

6) This week’s song was chosen because St. Patrick’s Day is coming up, and U2 is one of Ireland’s most famous exports. What else is Ireland famous for?

Four leaf covers

7) Corned beef and cabbage is a traditional St. Patrick’s Day dish. Is it a favorite of yours?

I like it, but it is not a favorite dish. Now a corn beef Ruben is a different story, there is a great deli in Vernon that makes corn beef Ruben with a half sour pickle that is heaven!

8) St. Patrick is credited with driving snakes out of Ireland. Ophiophobia is the fear of snakes. Do you suffer from ophiophobia?

Nope.

But I will tell snakes don’t listen to you.

One nice spring day I come back from going to my mailbox when I spied a Copperhead (A poisonous snake here in Connecticut) sunning itself on my flagstone sidewalk.

I waggled my finger at it and told it don’t move I’ll be right back.

When I came back with a long handled shove to flatten it with, mister snake was nowhere to be found and I looked everywhere.

That ungrateful snake cost me a new pair of snakeskin shoes.

9) St. Patrick’s Day fantasy: A leprechaun will share his gold with you, but you must request a specific amount for a single item. How much would you ask for, and what would you buy?

Well my first question would be… Is this taxable income? Or would it be under the table?

I don’t know what I would want to buy. I don’t need a car, my 2017 is still good, I have a vacation cottage, right now I don’t need any photography equipment, so if I can donate it to non-profits I would give the gold to them. I just might keep a Krugerrand just for the novelty if it.


Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Your answer to #2 interested me. I always experience traffic jams from the back or passenger seat. I never thought about how it affects the one behind the wheel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a vacation cottage! I would love to have one in Ruidoso, in the cool, green mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are content with what you have and only want the gold if you can give it away. That Ruben sounds so good. I love corned beef just about any way you fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe I do have a phobia of snakes--I mean, I know I don't like them and avoid them--but your answer made me cringe and shudder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It never occurred to me to be scared in a traffic jam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also love that you are happy with everything you have. You do have lovely things!
    We have copperheads here too. *shudder* Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't had a Ruben sandwich in a very long time. I am not afraid of snakes but I don't like them. (I use a hoe instead of a shovel.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd like to see Rome, but only if my luggage and I could get there by teleporting.
    That naughty snake. He might have liked being a pair of shoes. lol

    ReplyDelete