Friday, March 11, 2022

So I Have This Theory.

Growing up in New England you see that there are stonewalls everywhere, and I mean everywhere.

As I said I have this theory about how the stonewalls got there.

You know back in the colonial period farms were miles apart, you wanted to go to town and it might be a half day’s ride. Go to the tavern for a beer at night forget it. When the sun goes down you go to bed.

Well suppose you have a fight with your wife where do you go to cool off?

You can’t go to town, neighbors? Well they also might be an hour away. So you go out in the fields and build your stonewalls.

What was she G*d D**n thinking? (THUD) I told her not to do it… but no she h… (THUD) ad to go ahead and do (THUD as another rock is added to the stonewall.) it.

So that is how all those stonewalls came about in New England, when the farmer needed to blow off some steam he went out and added more stones to the wall.

2 comments:

  1. Having lived may years in New England, I find this just hilarious Dianna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All because things got a little "rocky" at home, huh? :-)

    ReplyDelete