Thursday, March 17, 2022

The Mundane.

This morning I am at my eye doctor’s and then in the afternoon I am have a filling filled at the dentist. Friday is grocery shopping day. Then next week I have Zoom meetings… followed by…

The thing is all that wonder of going out en femme disappears when it becomes routine, the amazement of going shopping for the first time disappears when you need a little black dress because the old one is out dated. Now it is a hassle to get new shoes when you wear out the other pair before it was a thrilling adventure now it is just another chore to do.

The other day I went out to lunch with a lesbian couple for the first time since the plague as we were reminiscing another lesbian couple that I knew walked in to the restaurant as we were having dessert. I dreamed of being accepted, now it is just a lunch with some old friends (In more ways than one.).

Be careful what you wish for because when our dreams become reality they become pedestrian.

2 comments:

  1. Being content is good. You have wonderful friends and a good life. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally, what so many wanted to be just like everyone else. I remember when the mainstream white middle class gays and lesbians used to tell the straight world "We are just like you except what we do in bed." How I wished for so much more from our people. In some places, in these times so many in the LGBT community do not have such luxury to do what you speak of which I really do not have to speak of in this forum. As always, the sun is shining for so many of us but for some it is pouring down rain. I guess we can say, welcome to the world of mommy and daddy for many have made it and we are not a green two headed monster. Though I must admit I prefer to continue to be the green two headed monster.

    ReplyDelete