Saturday, March 26, 2022

Saturday 9: Memories

Sam's Saturday 9: Memories (2019)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…


Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) This song is a toast. Have you ever performed an official toast (at a wedding, a graduation, a retirement party, etc.)?

Yes, at my brother’s and sister-in-law’s wedding when I was 18.

2) According to Maroon 5 lead singer Adam Levine, this is a "toast to the ones here today." Tell us about someone in your life that you're especially grateful for.

For being above ground.

3) Levine is the song's composer. He said he was compelled to write it, to help him cope with the death of a friend. His lyrics acknowledge that "everybody hurts sometimes." What advice would you share with someone who is struggling?

It will never go away, it will come back and hit you with a 2X4, but what it will do is slowly fade not away but fade to where you can live with it, it is like an itch that has to be scratched once in a while. I can offer you hope in knowing that you will survive.

4) Adam Levine was one of the original judges on The Voice. Are you a fan of the show?

I have never watched it. Is the The Voice the show where people compete singing or is it the talk show with Whoopi Goldberg?

5) Among his friends, Adam is known to be an excellent Scrabble player. Is there a game you're particularly good at (or you especially enjoy)?

Monopoly, I like cheating on the game.

6) Though he's a multi-Grammy winner, Adam wasn't always successful. In fact, he was fired after just three hours at his first job as a waiter. Have you ever had a job that just wasn't a good fit?

Yeah a high school job, it was a warehouse job which was very hot. I remember loading and unloading trucks by hand.

7) In 2019, when this song was released, Joaquin Phoenix gave his Oscar-winning performance in Joker. Heath Ledger also won an Oscar for is portrayal of the same character in a different film, and Cesar Romero was The Joker on TV. Today The Batman is doing great business at the box office. Do you have a favorite super hero, or arch villain?

Nope, I never watched a super hero movie since my teens years. They all seem to be cookie cutter movies in that they are all the same. 

8) Also in 2019, two familiar names had books on NY Times best seller list: John Grisham with The Guardians and Janet Evanovich with Twisted Twenty Six. Are either of these authors among your favorites?

No, once again if it is not science fiction or fantasy books, I don’t read them. There are other good fiction books but I don’t have time for them, there are enough SiFi books out there that keeps my reading list filled.

9) Random Question: What's something you wish you'd figured out earlier?

That I have probably have adult ADHD. Things have fallen in to place when you realize that you have been living in a bubble most of your young adults years. Going to grad school for social works where most of the adjunct professors are LCSW therapist in their day jobs.

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Did you know there is a Cheaters Edition of Monopoly? I got it for my son-in-law a couple of years ago. The point of it is to cheat as much as possible without getting caught. Might be right up your alley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #6 -- Yes, that sounds like a rough one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least I won't play Monopoly with you! Since I haven't run into you yet in the Nutmeg state, I imagine you don't wander around Phoenix much...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, yes! How could I forget one of my first jobs was babysitting. I hated it. My mom set it up and made me do it. I didn't want to, so I didn't like it. I was very young and just wanted to play and have fun. I started working doing something I wanted to do when I was 15. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. My uncles always cheated at Monopoly when I played with them. You are correct with #3.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm right there with you--Sci/Fi and Fantasy are my favorites. I branch out on occasion, but not super often. Right now, I'm reading John Scalzi's The Kaiju Preservation Society. He's one of my favorite authors. His best book, I think, is Old Man's War.

    ReplyDelete