Saturday, December 11, 2021

Saturday 9: Drivers License

Sam’s Saturday 9: Drivers License (2021)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song is about a girl who just got her drivers license. Who taught you to drive?

In high school they had a driver education class (Now after driving schools complained they dropped the class.)
My brother taught me to drive a standard in his MGB.

2) Do you like your drivers license/state ID photo?
It is a photo… what is there to like or dislike?

3) Think back to the first ticket you received. How old were you, and what was it for?
My first and only ticket was for going 85 in a 75 mph zone on the New York Thruway in the middle of nowhere, it was flat corn country and there was only one tree a big old oak. It was 5 in the morning, no traffic, the sun was just rising and there was this guy doing jumping jacks in the middle of the highway… What the heck? As I got closer I saw he had on a wide brim hat… Hmm. Then I saw his car behind the tree.
It was an eighteen dollar ticket for going 10 mph over the speed limit.

4) In this week's song, Olivia Rodrigo is brokenhearted, driving through her boyfriend's neighborhood, certain that he has taken up with the sophisticated blonde girl. When it comes to romance, do you have a jealous streak?
No, it is not worth it. Que Sera Sera

5) Olivia grew up in Temucula, California. Temecula is home to 40 wineries and dozens of tasting rooms. Have you ever attended a wine tasting?
Yes, many times. In college it was a way of getting free wine.
The fraternity used to make the rounds of wineries in the Finger Lakes region of New York one Saturday in the fall. Back in the early seventies there was no such thing as a designated driver.

6) Her first on-screen appearance was in a commercial for Old Navy stores. Old Navy is owned by the same company as Banana Republic, Gap and Athletica. Have you done any of your holiday shopping at one of those stores? (Yes, their websites count.)
Nope.
Actually I have only been to one store on the list Old Navy, I was looking for a fleece jacket for the spring and fall. They didn’t have anything in my size.

7) She went on to star in projects for Disney studios. That's also how pop stars Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, Miley Cyrus, and Christina Aguilera got started. Arguably the first teen star created by Disney studios was Annette Funicello. Do you remember her?
Ha! I have never seen any of the pop stars that you mentioned but I have watched all the Annette Funicello moives. And you couldn’t get me way from watching the original Micky Mouse Club.

8) "Drivers License" was one of this year's most popular songs. One of this year's most popular books is John Grisham's The Judge's List. Do you expect to do much reading between now and the end of the year? If so, what's on your TBR (to be read) list?
I have listening to books more than reading them.

9) Random Question: What is the longest line you ever stood in, and was it worth it?
I don’t remember how long I waited and for what but I remember thinking that I would never do that again.

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

9 comments:

  1. I've never made it to the wineries in the Finger Lakes Region. I've stuck to the wine trail on the PA/NY border to date. Once all the covid hoopla ends, if it ever does, I would love to visit there. Wow, that cop...dirty trick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #2: Oh, Diana, I'm sorry but I simply do not believe you that you like EVERY photograph of you equally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live so far away from any shopping that I end up doing it online--I have discovered Old Navy is now size inclusive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I envy that you can listen to books. They immediately put me to sleep. College lectures were torture. I have to take constant notes or I'm snoring in a nano-second.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um... sometimes that is my goal. I set the timer at 30 minutes and usually I'm asleep before the 30 minutes.

      Delete
  5. I listen to lots of books as well. They are good when I'm cleaning or something. I usually listen to one a week or so. I try to get the shorter ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m surprised I never got a ticket on the Thruway

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG OMG OMG...#3 made me laugh out loud and what a visual. Jumping jacks in the middel of the road. That is crazy. Hahahahaha Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Drivers Ed. was fun with our peers. I still remember merging on a freeway for the first time. My first instinct was to close my eyes and pray. HA! But common sense said be alert and go!

    ReplyDelete