Saturday, December 18, 2021

Saturday 9: Please Come Home for Christmas

Sam’s Saturday 9: Please Come Home for Christmas (1992)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this video, Jon Bon Jovi recalls decorating the tree with Cindy Crawford. They took turns wearing a Santa hat. Will anyone in your household be donning a Santa hat this season?

Nope. But my father did when he was in Kiwanis, he used to be the Santa at their Christmas tree lot.

2) He sings of the salutations he's received from friends and relatives. Have you received many holiday cards this year?

Nope, I think that they are going out of style. When I do get them they are just postcards.

3) Will you wrap many presents? Or do you prefer to use gift bags?

Nope, I am not going anywhere this Christmas. The drive is too much for me and I don’t like driving in the dark and I do use gift bags, I have a whole stack of them from other Christmases.

4) Jon Bon Jovi says he and Frank Sinatra are distant relatives. Do you believe that musicality is a genetic gift, or that it can be taught?

Yes. I am tone deaf and cannot keep a beat, I think that it is related to my dyslexia. But I think those without hearing disability you can teach them.

5) Jon is such a big Star Wars fan that he wrote a carol called "R2-D2: We Wish You a Merry Christmas." There a dozen Star Wars movies. How many have you seen?

I saw the first and second, and I didn’t like the second movie. I think that the others they stretched the series too far.

6) Jon once guest-starred as Carrie's love interest in an episode of Sex and the City, the popular HBO sitcom set in New York. The new reboot, And Just Like That, also centers around NYC life. Where does your favorite TV show take place?

Most of them in England. I watch a lot of Masterpiece Theaters detective shows.

7) Jon met his wife, Dorothea, when they were still in high school. Do you remember who you wanted to marry when you were in high school?

Yes, I had a crush on her,

8) At Christmastime 1992, when this song was released, toys that tied into Disney's Little Mermaid were very popular. Have you purchased toys for anyone on your gift list this year?

Nope, I have no gift list this year and when we do get together for Christmas we have a Yankee Swap.

9) Jon recorded "Please Come Home for Christmas" to benefit The Special Olympics. Here's your chance to plug a cause or organization that's near and dear to you.

Well my favorite organization is closing on December 31, they got hit hard by COVID. So now my new go-to organization is the Hartford Gay and Lesbian Health Collective which was founded during another epidemic back in the early eighties. 

Founded in 1983 by volunteer health professionals and supporters and incorporated in 1986, The Hartford Gay & Lesbian Health Collective, Inc. (HGLHC), has become an organization with full and part-time staff and over 100 volunteers contributing thousands of hours annually.

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

~~~~~~

I am discombobulated.

I am having my atrium painted and there have been painters here for most of the week, I am not used to having strangers in the house. My anxiety levels are increasing and the first time in along time I had a migraine headache.

6 comments:

  1. I hope the atrium is painted quickly. I am not a fan of having strangers in the house either. I hope your headache goes away.
    I think it is sad that Christmas cards are going away. The Local tv station did a poll on how many send out cards and while many say they do, there was a crazy amount that does not, and they claim they do not have time. I just think it is nice to get something in the mail that is not a bill or junk. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love for someone to come and paint my house! How fun to have your dad be Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Diana--I feel the same anxiety about people in my living space. I hope the job is finished soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is hard having strangers in the house. It is one reason why I haven't done some work I'd like to have done. Of course with Covid, everything was put off anyway. I am impressed that you had dinner with one of the Supergirl stars!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like having strangers (workmen) in my house either, even though DH is here and the workmen are all very nice. It's stressful!
    I'm not surprised about Christmas cards. They have really gotten expensive per box, for one thing. And the postage is high if you send out 35 or 40 of them, which we once did.

    ReplyDelete