Thursday, December 09, 2021

Forums

I am a members of a number of forums and one thing that is common across all forums is when a member disappears suddenly.

I am a member of a medical forum that I joined ten years ago and a member who greeted back then vanished.

She live alone and in mid-November all stopped posting, all efforts to contact her has failed. One moment she was posting two or three times a day then nothing, and we are fearing the worst.

She nursed newly diagnosed members through their initial trials of living with the disease and she was always there for them if they needed to chat. She was there for me to lend her ear for me.

Then silence.

The same thing happened with trans support groups, people move on but usually there are signs that they are leaving the group, like less frequent posting, or disagreement with other members.

It is a miniature version of life as people move in and out of your sphere. But this is different because the forum is about a disease that can be deadly, so in the back of your mind you think that she might have succumb to the disease? Or is she in a coma? Had a car accident? What about her dogs, who is caring for them?

I have my fingers crossed that she will be back, but as every days goes by the odds are decreaisng.

No comments:

Post a Comment