On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…Last weekend I was at a conference and I did post because I wouldn’t have been about to respond.
Unfamiliar with this week's featured song? Hear it here.
1) In this song, Warren Zevon sees a werewolf with a Chinese menu in his hand. He wanted beef chow mein. If we Saturday 9ers got together for Chinese, what would you likely order?
Oh I am not a fan of Chinese so I usually order Shrimp Egg Roll, Crab Rangoon, Chicken Satay, and Beef Sticks. A meal of applitizers.
2) He also says the werewolf's hair was perfect. Are you having a good hair day?
Since I wear a wig I can just change it on a bad hair day.
3) Linda Ronstadt was a big Warren Zevon fan and recorded several of his songs. Do you have a favorite Linda Ronstadt song?
Ha… most of them but Desperado tops the list followed Blue Bayou.
4) Warren Zevon admitted being afraid of doctors and avoided check ups. Are you scared when you go to the doctor or dentist for a routine visit?
Nope. I was just at my doctor’s for a COVID-19 test. That scared me more than any needle, when she brought that swab, it sent shivers up and down my spin. But it wasn’t bad but it was followed by a lot of sneezes from having that up my nose.
5) In 1935, the movie Werewolf of London was released. Do you enjoy being frightened by scary movies?
No, I do not like scary movies. Not my cup of tea.
6) In your younger days, did you ever trick or treat while dressed as a monster?
7) When you were a kid, what sweet treats were you happiest to receive?
CHOCOLATES! Those marshmallow and candy corn… in the trash. Only premium chocolates for this kid.
8) Can you see any Halloween decorations as you answer these 9 questions?
Nope. Shh... I see a bag of candy that I bought for myself. Too bad someone hasn’t invented a dispenser that will only allow one or two chocolates a day.
9) Halloween is most popular in the United States and Canada, and isn't really celebrated at all in Japan or South Korea. How would you explain our Halloween customs to a visitor from another land?
A bunch of little kids extorting grownups with threats of tricks for candy.
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!