Saturday, October 16, 2021

Saturday 9: Livin' La Vida Loca

Sam’s Saturday 9: Livin' La Vida Loca (1999)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Ricky Martin sings that he and the girl dance in the rain. Do you feel like dancing this morning?

I never feel like dancing.

2) The lyrics tell us the girl prefers champagne. When did you last enjoy a glass of the bubbly?

WHOA! That is like ten, fifteen years ago.

3) When Ricky first heard "Livin' La Vida Loca," he imagined  the subject of the song was a "Bond girl," the glamorous love interest of James Bond in the movies. Since 1962, there have been more than 20 Bond films. Have you seen any/many of them? Do you have a favorite Bond?

The last Bond movie that I watched was back in the 70s, I don’t have a favorite Bond because I don’t watch those movies, all they are now a days is bang, bang, shoot them up movies. All action thin plots.

4) Ricky tells interviewers that when he was very young, he'd sing in the family kitchen, pretending a wooden spoon was his microphone. Crazy Sam admits to lip synching into a black Magic Marker. When you gave imaginary concerts, what did you use as a microphone?

Um… Hun?

I don’t think that I ever did that or at least when I was sober. 

5) Ricky began working at the tender age of 9, performing in commercials. How old were you when you received your first paycheck?

I think 18 because that is the age when you could legally work.

6) Ricky does yoga to stay in shape. Have you ever tried yoga?

Nope.

7) Ricky is of primarily Spanish descent, with a little French mixed in. When you think of French cuisine, what comes to mind?

Pastries.

We have an excellent French pastry shop in town, there is always a line out his door. I stood there 20 minutes to buy pasties one time. The chef is a native of France and the write up on the bakery says,

...is an award-winning Zagat-Rated French Bakery, Pastry Shop, and Bistro which uses traditional European techniques to create specialty hand-crafted products, and the finest French cuisine with only the best natural ingredients. A taste of France on Cape Cod!

8) Ricky once had his own restaurant, Casa Salsa, in Miami Beach. Have you ever worked in food service?

Nope.

9) Random question: What is your best quality?

It takes an awful to get me angry.

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Ahh, French pastries are worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, French pastries. When I worked in Manhattan there was a French pastry shop near my office. I loved their macarons

    ReplyDelete
  3. The French bakery sounds wonderful. There are hardly any French restaurants here. There used to be one, but I wouldn't swear it is still there.
    I am not a Bond fan either. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apparently a lot of us went to work before we were of legal age. I know I did. French pastries sound wonderful. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pastry shop sounds very good. We have a French bistro here, but I've never been. I'm beginning to think I need to change that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. #4 -- OK, what did you use as a microphone when you were drunk? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not getting angry is a good thing to have, especially these days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so jealous of your French Patisserie! What a treasure!
    And keeping your cool is totally amazing. It's something I've struggled all my life with. I just want to horse whip some people.. politicians mostly. lol

    And I solved to problem on my end that was mentioned in answering your comment. I horse whipped it!

    ReplyDelete