Monday, December 30, 2013

Science Fiction…

I am an avid science fiction and fantasy reader, especially since I retired. One of my problems is finding good science fiction or fantasy books to read because a lot of the authors that I knew have passed away such as Robert A. Heinlein and Marion Zimmer Bradley, I loved her Darkover series but now I have read all her books and the books published after her death are good but not up to her standard. Elizabeth Moon has been around for a while and is still writing and I’m reading her Legend of Paksenarrion, and I loved her Vatta's War series.

Other series that I like is the Honor Harrington series by David Weber, and a new author Susan Jane Bigelow, I love her Extrahumans series. However, the problem is that I read them faster than they can write and I am always left wanting more.

So today I was searching  web for “transgender science fiction” to find my next book to read and I found these website book lists…
The first one is “Goodreads” and I found their Transgender Book Lists and another site that I found was Science Fiction for Lesbians and also The Bilerico Project has a Transgender Themes in Science Fiction page which also has a good selection that people posted in the comments. The Goodreads site isn’t just science fiction but contains all books with a transgender character or theme.

Two fiction books with transgender themes that I would recommend are Two Spirit Ranch: A Romance by Jaime Stryker and a book for young adults, Luna by Julie Anne Peters.

1 comment:

  1. I'll check out Luna, it might be good for my school library!

    ReplyDelete