Saturday, December 07, 2013

Saturday Six #504

Patrick’s Place Saturday Six #504

1. What’s the largest denomination of paper money you’ve ever held in your hand?
A $10,000 note!
OK here is the story behind that; back in the late fifties when I was I was 11 or 12, when we were in Washington DC we took a tour of the place where they printed and I was standing in front of our little group on the tour. The tour guide asked me if I would like to hold the bank note, I think it was a $10,000 note but I was in awl at the time I think I was standing there with my mouth open.

2. What’s the largest denomination of paper money you currently have in your wallet or purse?
I don’t like anything lager than a twenty, because I don’t usually spend cash, I like plastic better.

3. When you read a newspaper, are you more likely now to read a print edition, a mobile edition or a web edition?
I get the morning newspaper delivered every morning, but I read Google news every morning and read the stories that catch my attention.

4. How often do you use paper plates instead of traditional plates when eating at home?
Never, I have a dishwasher so the dishes pile up in my sink until I have a full load.

5. Do you send paper Christmas cards, online Christmas cards, or have you abandoned the practice altogether?
I have just about abandoned the practice, it not because of me but because everyone else stopped sending them.

6. When you were in school and your teacher gave a test, which type of questions did you most hope to see on the paper: multiple choice, fill-in the blank, true/false or essay?
I hate all tests, fill-in the blanks is the type that I hate the least. I freeze up on tests; the more important the test is the more my brain ices over. Final exams I just stare at, that is why I did so great in grad school it was all term papers. I have no problem writing 25 – 30 pages, as a matter of fact I like writing the term papers.

My first term paper in grad school was horrible, one, I was used to writing term papers, and second I didn’t know you could have someone proofread the paper. I was paranoid to have anyone look at it because of all the warnings about plagiarism, when I picked up my paper from the professor he said I would have gotten an “A” if it wasn’t for my grammar and asked why I didn’t have someone proofread it. Hun? You can do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment