Saturday, December 14, 2013

Saturday 9: Jingle Bell Rock

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Jingle Bell Rock


1) Sam has affection for this song because, when she was very young, she tap-danced to it for a Christmas recital. Her parents told her she was wonderful. Do you have any memories from a school/church program or pageant -- either as a child onstage or an adult in the audience?
Yes, for sixth grade class pageant I was asked to lip sync because I was so off key the teacher gave up trying to get me sing on key.

2) Ok, she admits it: After too many cups of holiday cheer, Sam did a few steps of her "Jingle Bell Rock" routine at last year's company Christmas party. Have you ever done anything at a coworker get together that you now regret?
No thank goodness, I always enjoyed watching everyone else make a fool of themselves.

3) Since that unfortunate Christmas 2012 incident, Sam can't even look at a cup of egg nog. How about you? Do you like egg nog?
I never liked egg nog even with rum or whiskey, yuck!

4) For special events, Sam slips on her favorite piece of jewelry: a charm bracelet that once belonged to her grandmother. Do you have a special treasure from a previous generation?
Yes, my mother necklace. It is only made out of brass but I’m always getting compliments about it.

5) The only Christmas card Sam has received so far in 2013 is from her insurance agent. How about you? Have any holiday cards arrived yet?
No, it seems like the custom of Christmas card was stolen by the Grinch.

6) Because of the chill in the air, Sam gave her dog his Christmas gift -- a sweater -- early this year. He's already gotten compliments on it. Are there any pets on your gift list?
Nope, I don’t have any pets.

7) Do you need snow to get "into the spirit?"
I’m at the age where snow is more of a nuance; it is slippery, cold, and downright dangerous.

8) Are you going to get/have you gotten a flu shot this year?
I have been getting flu shots for over 20 years.

9) December is an important fundraising month for charities. Here's your chance to plug a worthy cause that means a lot to you.
True Colors, a family and youth service agency.

7 comments:

  1. That necklace is beautiful! And what a great cause - kids shouldn't have to hide who they are any more. Ever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lip sync, too, because I'm an awful singer. It's weird that my ears can hear off-pitch things yet my voice can't seem to get on pitch! But, yeah, at our songfests we've had, I always lip sync.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eggnog is gross! I completely agree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a valid point about eggnog. There is something yucky about the thought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eggnog is an acquired taste, and the store bought kind is not always the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the necklace! And thanks for introducing us to True Colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know if I was supposed to laugh at #1, but I did!! :D

    ReplyDelete