Friday, February 29, 2008

Well, I Sent In My Application Today

I stopped by the Admissions Office today to leave off my application for the Master’s program at the School of Social Work. Now I just have to sit back and wait for the infamous letter, they say that if it is thick envelope – it’s good news and a thin envelope – its bad news.
Today was the last day to apply, I was waiting for my last Letter of Recommendation, so once the mail came I drove up to the campus to leave of the application. Nothing like just making it under the wire.

On another topic, Wednesday night I went to a local Catholic Women’s College to do an Outreach with three other friends. Most of the students are Psychology majors so we were asked some good questions, normally we get all fluff questions like, what bathrooms do you use? This time we were asked some questions like what was our childhood like and were our parents strict, but there were some fluff questions also. When we were asked about our sexual orientation and I said that I was attracted to women; I heard a woman up in back say to another woman, “I wasn’t expecting that.” That is a common reaction, it seems that everyone thinks that we must be attracted to men because we feel like a woman, but (and it is a big BUT) sexual orientation and gender identity are located in two separate regions of the brain. We talked for about ninety minutes and then went out to dinner afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment