Sunday, February 03, 2008

By the Way Sunday


By the way...

Do you like soup? Year around or just in the winter months?
Yes, I like soup year round but in the winter I tend to like cream or broth soups and year round, I like chowders. Last night for dinner I had Lobster Bisque.

What is your favorite soup?
New England Clam Chowder, but lately I have been having Rhode Island Clam Chowder because it has less calories (No cream or flour) than the New England style.

Overall, do you prefer a clear broth soup or a cream soup?
Right now, I am in a cream soups phase. However, I did just make a crock-pot of chicken soup.
http://dianacorner.blogspot.com/2008/01/another-chicken-soup-story.html

What's your favorite soup base: chicken broth, beef broth, or maybe a tomato base?
Chicken based.

Did you eat alphabet soup as a child, or maybe chicken noodle was your favorite?
I cannot remember that far back; I think I maybe had tomato soup a lot back then.

What's the most unusual soup that you have tried?
It is a toss up between pumpkin and butternut squash soup.

Do you have a favorite soup recipe or soup site that you can share with us?
The chicken soup is nothing fancy and my New England Clam Chowder recipe is just the classic recipe.

2 comments:

  1. Love your answers and thanks for sharing the recipes!

    BTW, I tagged you for a short meme. :-)
    http://kwizgiver.blogspot.com/2008/02/tagged.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once made a pumpkin carrot butternut squash soup that was amazing! Sadly, I've never been able to replicate it, but it was so good! <3 (Greetings!)

    ReplyDelete