Saturday, February 02, 2008

Saturday Six - Episode 198

Patrick’s Weekender: Saturday Six - Episode 198

1. You sit down at a restaurant table and notice a $5 bill tucked away — apparently, a tip left by a previous patron — that the wait staff missed. How likely would you be to keep the five bucks for yourself?
No, I would give it to the wait staff. I feel that to keep it would be stealing.

2. Do you think that your friends know more gossip about you, or that you know more about them?
I try not to gossip or listen to gossip. However, I think that I have been at the center of gossip; people just can resist talking about me after all I did transition.

3. If you could, would you prefer to reverse your answer to Question 2?
I do not see how I could stop them from talking about me, it is human nature.

4. Take the quiz: Are you virtuous?
You Are Mostly Virtuous
You are a good person, or at least as good as you can be.
You try to do the right thing, and you have ended up with many virtues.

While you are virtuous, you aren't a saint.
There's definitely a bit of devilishness deep in your heart!

Where You Are Virtuous
You have the virtue of tranquillity. You do your best to keep your life peaceful and calm.
You have the virtue of Moderation. You don't do anything at excess, and you avoid extremes
You have the virtue of Frugality. You spend your money wisely, and you are not wasteful.

Where You Are Not Virtuous
You lack the virtue of Order. Many aspects of your life are chaotic and a total mess.
You lack the virtue of Industry. You have trouble doing what's important, and you tend to waste time.
You lack the virtue of Cleanliness. You are quite messy... and maybe even a little dirty.


I disagree with being dirty: messy -- yes, dirty -- no

5. You see a new product come out you really want, but it’s a little outside of your price range. (Let’s say that it costs about $300 or so.) How likely are you to wait until you have the full price saved before you go and buy it?

I rarely buy something when I want it, it is not so much that I will wait until it on sale, but instead to decide if I really need or want it. An example is the Epson printer I want, I do not think if I will use it enough to justify the cost. Most of the time I only post my photos on my blog and I worry that the printer ink will dry out from lack of use. That I will have to buy ink cartridges every time I want to print something.

6. You go out with friends to a going-away party for a colleague, and it is held at a local pub. How likely are you to drink at least to the point of feeling a “buzz”?
-Zero- My usual drinking habits when I go out is to have one Cape Cod (Vodka, cranberry juice and a lime.) and then for the rest of the night drink cranberry juice mixed with seltzer and a lime.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds to me like you are a pretty good person :-) Don't drink, don't steal, and avoid gossip...that will keep you out of trouble for a while ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool that you are also studying for a Masters. I am studying in Norway in a foreign language no less...but it is tons of fun. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete