Monday, August 06, 2007

Maine Trip Part 1

I was planning on going up to my cousins this week but we had a death in the family and I had to abort my vacation. However I did make it as far as my brother’s and sister-in-law’s condo in Kennebunk ME. While there we took a walk on one of the beaches and I took these pictures along the beach.








This last photo of the drift wood looks like gargoyles gone wild as they climb up the trunk.

On Sunday we went out to dinner at Cape Pier Chowder House in Cape Porpoise , judging by their web-site the restaurant sounds like a nice place. But their menu is mostly fried seafood (My brother and sister-in-law have been there before so we knew what type of food that they severed.) and their outside dining area are picnic tables with umbrellas. But their seafood is fresh! They were offloading the boats while we were there.
I didn’t know that that was the place where I took the photos of the Cape Porpoise Lighthouse last year; otherwise I would have brought my camera. Yesterday it was high tide when we went and the harbor was much more picturesque than at low tide. Oh well, I will be up there again this weekend to dog sit.

No comments:

Post a Comment