Monday, August 20, 2007

Manic Monday

Manic Monday for August 20, 2007

What is the biggest transition you've had to make in your life?
I will not state the obvious because I wrote about it many times elsewhere here on my blog, but I am going through another transition; being retired. In some ways it is the harder of the two. At work you knew what you had to do and there is also the social aspect of work, meeting and interacting with people.
Now after over thirty years there is no one tell you what to do, no deadline and that takes a lot of getting use to.

If you had to be famous for something, what would you choose?
A civil rights leader, I would like to be known for bring about change and making people lives better.

What surprises you most about your life so far?
That I made it this far.
On a serious note, the love of my family in helping me get through life.

2 comments:

  1. I think retiring would be such a huge change. So much of our daily structure revolves around work. Come to think of it, you have lots of changes going on all at once. I must say that you are handling it so very well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Retiring is such a challenge.

    It's getting to know yourself in another way.

    But you can do it, and make life worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete