Thursday, August 09, 2007

A Night Out on the Town

I got bored yesterday so I called some friends down in the New London area to go out and have a night on the town. We went to the Bulkeley House for dinner, we have been there before and the food was very good. I had Stuffed Sole with crabmeat stuffing and it was very good. The restaurant is an old 18th century tavern but it does not have any air conditioning so we sat out on the outdoor deck with a view of the New London harbor, but I was very humid sitting out on the deck.
Afterward we went to the Brass Rail Café for a drink, they have a nice deck overlooking the harbor and I was watching the ferries coming in and leaving the harbor for, Block Island, Long Island and Fisher Island. The Bock Island ferry is a high speed catamaran and the other boats are all car ferries. While we were there we meet a woman and her friend, one was a art teacher and her friend teaches music. It turned out of the women was originally for town and we knew several people in common.
Today I have to drive up to Maine again to dog sit my brother’s dog. Hopefully the weather will be good so that I can get out and take some photos.

2 comments:

  1. No AC would be horrible this week in this part of the country. I can't even get out to shoot at all. Hope the weather is good for you as I'd love to see some photos from Maine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try wearing a wig! I was soaked by the time we left.

    ReplyDelete