On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) In this song, Post Malone tries to assure his ex that he's better now ... but he's not. He's still hurting. Have you recently told someone you were fine when you weren't?
I think that we all do, when someone asks “How are you doing today?” I think many of us think that it a rhetorical question.
2) He and his girl were so close he introduced her to his extended family, and now his aunts and uncles wonder where she's gone. Have you remained close to an ex's friends/family?
Somewhat, she lives in up state New York in the Adirondack’s.
3) He sings that he never meant to let her down. What about you? Have you recently encountered anything -- big or small -- that didn't live up to your expectations?
Yes, but I don’t want to answer in name of keeping the peace.
4) Post recently announced he will soon become a father for the first time. Do you know anyone who is currently expecting a baby?
Nope, we are in between generation. My niece and nephews are too old and my grand nieces and nephews are too young.
5) Before making it big as a musician, he supported himself as a wedding DJ. Think back to the last wedding you attended. Did they have a live band or a DJ?
Yes, and it leads me to my pet peeve. Most of the people at the wedding are relatives that you haven’t seen for a while. You want to talk but usually the music is too loud.
6) Not satisfied being a successful musician, Post has branched out and introduced his own rose wine, Maison No. 9. Will you replenish your beer/wine/spirits this weekend?
Actually next weekend when I go up to the cottage on Cape Cod, I took it all home for the winter.
7) Post Malone has more than 70 different tattoos. He designs them himself and is so into ink that he has tattooed his friends. Would you trust a friend or relative to do your body art (tattoo or piercing)? Or would you go to a licensed professional?
I don’t care to have any tattoos, I will always remember my grandfather who was tattooed and his body was flabby with age and his tattoos were all wrinkled.
8) In 2018, when this song was popular, Sears filed for bankruptcy. In the 1970s, Sears was known as the place "Where America Shops." As of 2021, there were only 23 Sears stores left. Did you ever shop at Sears, either at the store or through the catalog?
Yes, I still have a Sears lawnmower and other Sears home tools.
9) Random question: What's your favorite way to spend an evening at home alone?
Reading or listening to books. I am not a big fan of watching TV. There is just too much violence and sex in TV shows now, I rather watch Masterpiece Theater.