Monday, November 11, 2019

Frozen

No, not the movie but rather frozen sperm.

I came across this website and it brings up some interesting questions… would you freeze your sperm before transitioning?

I typed “transgender” into Yahoo search and the first website that came up was freezing our sperm, it is an idea that many of us choose but I see two problem areas. CryoChoice had this to say...
What can I do to preserve my fertility?
The best thing you can do to increase your ability for future reproduction is to preserve your sperm before you begin hormone replacement therapy. This will ensure the best possible samples and allow you to continue your hormone replacement therapy uninterrupted. If you are considering banking your sperm, discuss it with your doctor and decide which options are best for you.
My first thought was I am too old for this and many trans people who transition late in life probably feel that they don’t want any children at their age.

The second thought was children want to transition before Tanner Sage II sets in so they don’t have to worry about secondary male characteristics. I can’t see them delaying transition until their sperm develop and ending up with a deep voice and a beard.

So if you had a chance would you freeze your sperm?

No comments:

Post a Comment