Saturday, November 02, 2019

Saturday 9: The Addams Family

Sam’s Saturday 9: The Addams Family (1964)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…
Sorry about last week not commenting but I had company at the cottage, but today I am staying home during the day.



Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here.

1) One of TV's spookiest families was inspired by a series of New Yorker cartoons. What's the last magazine you flipped through?
Wow… I don’t remember, it probably was at a doctor’s office.

2) The Addams' butler, Lurch, was originally conceived as a mute. But then actor Ted Cassidy ad libbed the line, "You rang?" and Lurch had a voice, and a catchphrase. Can you think of another catchphrase connected to a TV character?
I like the original “You rang?” Maynard G. Krebs


3) Now here's the most important question of the week: Do you prefer The Addams Family or The Munsters?
The Addams Family, the Munsters was just a second rate spinoff.

4) What's the scariest movie you've ever seen?
I don’t watch scary movies.

5) Thursday was Halloween. What goodies did you give the trick or treaters?
Nothing! I hibernate during Halloween… actually the neighborhood has grown out of Halloween.

6) Are you attending/have you attended any Halloween parties this year?
Nope.

7) Did you carve a jack o'lantern this year?
Nope.

8) Do you eat candy corn all year around ... only at Halloween ... or never?
Nope. Boy this week Saturday 9 is a snap.

9) In 1964, when The Addams Family premiered, one of the most popular store-bought Halloween costumes was Bambi. It came with a plastic mask held on by a thin elastic band. Tell us about a memorable Halloween costume from your childhood.
I was a pirate… “Ahoy, Mateys! Arg..."





Tonight I am going to a church dinner to get an award, “Unsung Heros Award”

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for giving props to Maynard! Without him, Lurch might have remained mute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fascinating clip you posted! I've never seen that show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pirate? You never cease to surprise me. Or mostly it's educating me. The trans thing is so under cover that most of us really don't get it. I didn't either until I "met" you. Now it's a friend telling me her compelling story. I cannot thank you enough. I hope your holiday season is special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your award.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never saw that clip before. Thanks for sharing it.
    You're right...not many horror fans among us!

    ReplyDelete