The Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities (CHRO) has released the numbers for the fiscal year 2019 ( July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019).
2. Complaints Filed by Type of Charge
Complaints are classified by the predominant allegation and the allegedly violated statutes. In
situations where, for example, a complaint contains mixed allegations of a denial of employment and
denial of public accommodations, the complaint would be classified according to what the majority
of the allegations relate to. Complaints classified as “Other” include those not readily classified as one
of the other categories.
Public Accommodations: 367
CHRO Complaints Filed by Basis and Type
Public Accommodations: 10
Update: Nov. 15
The FBI has released the hate crime data for 2018…
Gender identity bias
During 2018, 168 hate crimes motivated by gender identity bias were reported. Of these:
- 25.0 percent occurred on highways/roads/alleys/streets/sidewalks.
- 19.6 percent took place at residences/homes.
- 7.1 percent happened at schools/colleges (based on 3 designations).
- 4.2 percent occurred in parking/drop lots/garages.
- 3.6 percent took place in air/bus/train terminals.
- 3.6 percent happened in department/discount stores.
- 3.6 percent occurred in restaurants.
- 3.0 percent took place in convenience stores.
- 3.0 percent happened in grocery/supermarkets.
- 2.4 percent occurred in commercial office buildings.
- 2.4 percent took place at service/gas stations.
- 1.8 percent happened at parks/playgrounds.
- 1.8 percent occurred at shelters—mission/homeless.
- 11.3 percent took place in the remaining specified location categories or in multiple locations.
- 7.7 percent happened at other/unknown locations.