Sunday, November 10, 2019

I Don’t Know What To Write Today

I don’t want to write about politics or about the violence against us… I’m just saturated with those topic so that doesn’t leave anything in the news to write about.

We have become numb to violence that we see everyday.

We have become numb to the anti-LGBTQ+ news coming out of Washington DC.

All we want is to live our lives.

Last year in Massachusetts Question 3 passed with 67% of the votes.

I go to a little deli in Truro where the guy who runs it greets me ever time I come in with small talk.

I go to a Stop & Shop in town and the clerk knows me and says hi to me when she sees me.

I went to a ACE Hardware in Eastham and went I walked trough the door a clerk that I never met before came up to me and said, “Can I help you ma’am?”

They are typical of people I met everyday, they are just ordinary people who just want live their lives and treat others like they want to be treated.

After over ten years from when I transitioned I can say that probably 99.999 of the people are like those people.
America’s Growing Support for Transgender Rights
Public Religion Research Institute (PRRI)
By Daniel Greenberg, Maxine Najle, PhD, Natalie Jackson, Ph.D., Oyindamola Bola, Robert P. Jones, Ph.D.
June 9, 2019

Increasing Support for Transgender Rights
More than six in ten (62%) Americans say they have become more supportive toward transgender rights compared to their views five years ago. By contrast, about one-quarter (25%) say their views are more opposed compared to five years ago.

About three-quarters (76%) of Democrats report they have become more supportive of transgender rights in the last five years, compared to 64% of independents and only 47% of Republicans. Notably, increased support crosses ideological divides within the parties. Conservative Republicans (40%) stand out as the only ideological group with less than half reporting increased support for transgender rights.

Though majorities of every age group report increased support for transgender rights over the last five years, young Americans ages 18 to 29 (68%) are more likely than seniors ages 65 and older (56%) to report this shift.

Notably, majorities of every major religious group report becoming more supportive of transgender rights over the last five years, including religiously unaffiliated Americans (69%), Catholics (68%), nonwhite Protestants (60%), and white mainline Protestants (57%). Even among white evangelical Protestants, slightly more than half (52%) report becoming more supportive of transgender rights over the last five years.
The news media focuses on the negative but there are a lot of good people out there and their numbers are growing. I have hope that they will see the hate coming out of Washington and they will say… Enough.

1 comment:

  1. I think Social Media is about to implode. You can post a picture of a flower and get a rant from the far right. What the H*ll is their problem?

    ReplyDelete