Saturday, December 01, 2018

Saturday 9: Call Me

Sam’s Saturday 9: Call Me (1966)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…



Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here.

1) Chris Montez sings that you can always call him, regardless of the hour. Do you believe that it's ever too late to phone someone?
Yes, at least it is true with me but on the other hand I have gotten phone calls at 3 in the morning. They saw me on Facebook and called.

2) He insists that you can depend on him, even when your friends desert you. Who is someone you can trust to have your back, no matter what?
My brother. I know I have this week… long story about my health.

3) Billy Crystal serenades Meg Ryan -- via answering machine -- with "Call Me" in When Harry Met Sally. Answering machines have been replaced by voice mail. Who most recently left you a voice mail?
The doctor and that’s why I called my brother.

4) Chris Montez is a graduate of El Camino College in Torrance, California. The average daytime temperature in November in Torrance is 70º. How is the weather where you are today?
It rained yesterday a bit and the roads are slick with black ice in spots.

5) Today Chris actively promotes a healthy lifestyle to children. He was honored for his efforts by the group SOPA (Stop Obesity, Promote Activity). Do you believe you get enough exercise?
Ha! I am so overweight that it make exercise hard. 

6) Released in late 1965, "Call Me" became a big hit in 1966, reaching #2 on the charts. Even though it sold millions of copies and was certified as a Gold Record, it never hit #1. Is winning, or being the best, important to you?
Nope, I have found the older you get in life the less winning is important to me.

7) In 1966, when this was playing on juke boxes, kids were watching Batman and Star Trek. If you had your choice of watching an episode right now, which would you choose: Star Trek or Batman?
Star Trek!

8) Also in 1966, celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay was born. Do you enjoy cooking?
My mother asked me that once and what I told her still holds true today… I like to eat.
I don't like boring foods and I like to eat good tasting foods not the same old, same old foods.

9) Random question -- You have the opportunity to perform in the circus! Would you rather be shot from a cannon, or put your head in the lion's mouth?
Um… I’m not too keen on either one. Did the loin have it teeth cleaned first?

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!



Today is World's AIDS Day

8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you have your brother to turn to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, ha! Though I didn't say so, my first thought about the lion was his breath. It's good to have family you can count on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you had your brother to lean on! My mom had a health concern this week that we saw the doctor for and everything was ok, but it is so scary. Praying you are fine.
    I picked the lion too. Loved your answers! Have a great weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. On #6, are you sure you're just not tired of all the winning, just as we were told we would be? Uhg.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am wearing RED today!

    And I hope your health issue isn't serious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember getting on fb in the middle of the night once and an acquaintance of my daughter saw me on there. She then started harassing me about my daughter's latest break up. I unfriended her that minute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd never have thought about the lion's teeth being cleaned. Good answer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, and I hope you are ok and your health concern is fixable.

    ReplyDelete