Saturday, December 22, 2018

Saturday 9: Happy Holidays!

Sam's Saturday 9: Happy Holidays! (from the archives)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…



Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

1. As you can see, Sam loved giving her annual wish list to Santa. Yet some children are reluctant to climb into Jolly Old St. Nick's lap. Did you enjoy the tradition or were you shy? Or did you by pass it altogether -- either because you wrote him a letter or because your family didn't celebrate Christmas?
Those memories are lost in the fog of time, it is probably 60 years since I sat on Santa’s lap.

2. Are you currently on the Naughty or Nice list? How did you get there?
Nice.
I got there by believing in people

3. Did you ship any gifts to friends and family this year? If so, which one traveled the farthest?
No gifts this year, my brother’s family is getting together on Sunday and I am having an open house Sunday for my friends to drop by

4. Did you buy yourself a gift this year?
Yes, new boots.

5. What's your favorite holiday-themed movie? Have you seen it yet this year?
Bah Humbug… I don’t have any favorite movie.

6. Thinking of movies, Christmas is lucrative for Hollywood. Have you ever gone to a movie theater on Christmas Day?
Yes and then we went and had Chinese, it was with my brother, sister-in-law, niece, and her son, her son got to pick the movie. The adults kind of looked at one another and went “What?”

7. Have you ever suffered an embarrassing moment at the company Christmas party?
Nope, I never really drank that much booze at Christmas parties… well once I was out of my twenties that is. I remember one company Christmas party where the guys (we were a little United Nations) were drinking Polish overproof vodka and all they did was drop a Maraschino cherry in the bottle, as it sinks it left a thin pink trail behind it.

8. What's your favorite beverage in cold weather?
Don’t tell my diabetes doctor but holidays are “For-the-hell-of-it” day so I have hot mulled apple cider with Captain Morgan rum.

9. Share a memory from last Christmas.
I had to go and look it upon my blog; I went to a friend’s apartment because I couldn’t make it to my brother’s family.

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us next week for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your holidays!

Since you did have a song with this weeks meme I picked my own song.


4 comments:

  1. I love your new boots! So cute!
    Enjoy celebrating with your brother and your friends too. The Open House sounds like fun! Have a very Merry Christmas! Loved your answers!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. New boots! What a great present to yourself. Enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nat was a good choice! I know what you mean about new boots. That can be pretty exciting for me too!

    ReplyDelete