Saturday, December 15, 2018

Saturday 9: We Need a Little Christmas

Sam’s Saturday 9: We Need a Little Christmas (2006)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…



Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) At the beginning of this recording, Daffy says he hopes all his friends remember his size, style and favorite color. What piece of clothing would you like to add to your wardrobe?
I’m looking for an A-line plaid wool skirt.

I found one online and order and ordered a XXL but what I got (which came from China) was a XS skirt. After several back and forth emails where they wanted me to pay for shipping back to China they said take a photo of it… they then said keep the skirt and we will refund the full price.


I ended up donating the skirt to a clothes bank that gives clothes to the needy.

So does anyone know where I can get a XXL plaid wool skirt?

2) His friends are late for Daffy's holiday soiree. Think about the last get together you attended. Were you early, late or right on time?
It was last night and I was on time.

3) It hasn't a snowed a single flurry where Daffy is. Have you had to shovel yet?
Yes.

4) Daffy sings that he's looking forward to fruitcake. How about you? Are you a fruitcake fan?
No, but I like the candy fruit. When I was little I was known to pick them out of the cake.

5) Daffy is an American Black Duck. Their usual diet doesn't generally include fruitcake. These ducks more commonly dine on seeds, foliage and bugs. What was your most recent meal?
Breakfast, an English muffin and an orange.

6) The only Christmas card Sam has received so far this year is from her insurance agent. She never sees her agent socially. In fact, she doesn't think she's seen him at all in 2018. Have you received many cards this year? If so, were they from people you feel close to?
Yes, they are from really close friends… my stock broker, and my insurance company

7) When do you start holiday shopping: Christmas Eve, Thanksgiving/Black Friday, Halloween?
I don’t do Christmas shopping we do a Yankee Swap.

8) Sam was recently driven crazy by kids running through store aisles wearing elf hats with bells. Do you have any apparel that makes noise?
Nope.

9) This time of year is big for charitable fundraising. Here's your chance to plug a cause or organization that's near and dear to you.
I usually mention True Colors but this year I’ll introduce you all to another good cause (also I interned there for my MSW)… Connecticut Women’s Education and Legal Fund (CWEALF).
CWEALF has advanced women's rights and opportunities in Connecticut since 1973. CWEALF is a statewide nonprofit organization that advocates for and empowers women and girls in Connecticut, especially those who are underserved or marginalized. We work to create an equitable society where women and girls thrive.

During its first decade, CWEALF focused on impact litigation, participating in cases involving equal pay, equal credit and sex discrimination. Throughout the years, CWEALF also played a significant role in policy victories such as marriage equality, discrimination protections based on gender identity, birth control access, earned sick days, and protections for survivors of sexual and domestic violence.

CWEALF uses intersectional strategies to address gender inequality and advance the rights, opportunities, and status of women and girls through:

7 comments:

  1. So somebody got a brand new skirt! That's a happy ending, isn't it?

    I think #9 is my favorite question this week. We can learn a lot about what's important to us Sat 9ers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to get my plaid wool skirts at Famous Barr, but it has closed here and is now Macy's. I haven't looked for one in years. They are so cute though! Loved your answers! Have a great weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried The Woman Within (https://www.womanwithin.com/). They have a few plaid skirts. I have gotten some clothes there; the pants run a little small but I don't know about the skirts. The tops always fit well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen those online ads talking about plus size clothes and then when you click and start looking you find out their idea of a 2X is a Japanese or Chinese 2X, which is like a size 6 or something here. Country Dew mentioned Woman Within. I get a lot of clothes from them and also Roman's and have been pleased with everything. I don't know if they have the skirt you're looking for, but you could try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have done enough shopping for clothing on Amazon to know that those Asian sizes are in no reflective of the US. Even for puppy t shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course now that I checked out Woman Within my Facebook pages are covered with ads for them and also the online newspapers.

    ReplyDelete