Tuesday, May 12, 2015

I’m On A Train To NYC.

I am heading down to New York City to visit the SAGE Senior Center; we have an appointment with the director of the facility. We are going there to learn how senior centers here in Connecticut can improve their centers to be more welcoming to LGBT seniors.

I say we because I am with a number of directors of senior centers and a couple of people from other non-profits who are working to help senior centers improve their services to the elder LGBT community.

As part of this effort three senior centers are working together to a have a LGBT senior night a month at the centers on a rotating bases and that network is being expanded to another two or three towns in the fall.

So this morning I was up at 4:30 and out the door at 6:15 so we could catch the train in New Haven.

P.S. I have a conference call at 7:00 PM on an outreach at a Congregational Church on Sunday... it is going to be a long day!

No comments:

Post a Comment