Saturday, May 02, 2015

Saturday 9: Careless Whisper

Crazy Sam's Saturday 9: Careless Whisper (1984)

Every Saturday I take time off from written on serious topics to have some fun…

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) You can't miss George Michael's gold hoops in the photo above or in the "Careless Whisper" video. Are you wearing any jewelry right now?
No, I just got up.

2) Though the label says this hit is performed by "Wham! featuring George Michael," George Michael is the only member of the pop duo who appears in the video. Do you remember the name of the other guy who was in Wham?
I never even heard of the group until now.

3) Much of the video was filmed on Watson Island, a man-made island near South Beach. Have you ever been to Miami? 
Yes, when I was knee high to a grasshopper.

4) Born Georgios Panayiotou, George Michael is of Greek descent, the son of the Greek restauranteur in East London. When you think of Greek cuisine, what comes to mind?
Salad. Hey! I’m not big into Greek cuisine.

5) Today he lives in a tony suburb called Highgate, and his neighbors are Kate Moss and Sting. Tell us about one of your neighbors. 
Not much to tell. We all have lawn services and garage door openers so I never see anyone outside, we all live on our backyard decks. Typical suburbia.

6) George Michael fans can purchase officially licensed merchandise from his website, including an iPhone cover with his photo and signature. Tell us about your cell phone. Is it Apple or Android? Is it a smartphone?
It is your basic flip phone, I think it is a LG

7) George Michael sang Stevie Wonder's "You and I" for Prince William's wedding to Kate Middleton. What's your favorite love song?
"I Want to Know What Love Is" by Foreigner, runner up is Ray Charles’ “I Can't Stop Loving You” But yesterday on the way back from the NASW conference on Sirius XM channel 6 they played “To sir With Love” by Lulu and that song always touched a soft spot in my heart.



8) In 2014, George had a health scare. He was rushed to the hospital for tests and released the next day. Have you ever ridden in an ambulance?
Yes, twice once when I was about eleven year old and we were in a car accident and then again in 1999 when I thought I was having a heart attack.

9) Known for hard partying in his youth, George is now in his 50s and says he's quite happy to spend his evenings eating takeout and watching DVDs. Are you doing any socializing this weekend?
Going up to Northampton MA today with some friends for the Pride celebration and to a party in Haverhill MA tomorrow for a overnight party with some friends 

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy your weekend celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was nice to see Lulu again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Party weekend for you!!! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love just about anything from Ray Charles. Hope you had a great week Diana.

    ReplyDelete