Thursday, May 21, 2015

Back To The Old Stomping Grounds

I am down in Bridgeport this morning doing training at a homeless shelter, they have a trans resident and they contacted me about doing this training. More and more shelters are getting training, I have been working with a group and we done one training shelter staff in the New Haven area and we also did training at a conference on homelessness in Connecticut.

I grew up just east of the Bridgeport area, along the banks of the Housatonic River, I remember sitting along its banks and watching the water change color, there would be swirls of red and green and yellow. It was like a kaleidoscope of color because of all the chemicals companies up river in Naugatuck and Ansonia. Across the river they made asbestos brake pads and it is now a Superfund site.

So I was going to swing by there to see the old homestead and have lunch at Danny’s Drive-In and my brother is jealous because we used to go there back when we were kids. He used to get hot dogs smothered in sauerkraut and a milk shake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment