Saturday, December 06, 2014

Saturday 9: Lucky Star

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Lucky Star (1983)

  Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1. Have you ever wished upon a star?
Not since I was a kid.

2. In the 1980s, Madonna considered her wrist bangles one of her fashion trademarks. What's one of your fashion trademarks?
I am definitely not fashionista, I like jeans and tees.

3. Though she got good grades, Madonna could be disruptive at school, known for turning cartwheels in the halls between classes. Can you do a cartwheel?
Ha! Only if I want to end up in a hospital.

4. Her high grade point average earned her a dance scholarship to the University of Michigan, home of the Wolverines. Do you follow college football?
Nope, nor do I follow basketball, soccer, hockey, or any other sport. Boring!

5. Madonna co-starred in the movie version of Dick Tracy. Do you enjoy comics?
When I was younger, it seems like the older you get the more the comics repeat themselves.

6. She played Argentinian First Lady Eva Peron in the biopic, Evita and directed a movie about Wallis Simpson. What famous 20th century woman do you wish you could meet/could have met?
Hmm… I have to think about that.

7. Madonna authored a children's book called The English Roses. Tell us about a book that had a big impact on you when you were a kid.
I wasn’t much of a reader when I was young; I thought all books were like Wuthering Heights. It wasn’t until my roommate in college turned me on to science fiction and Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert A. Heinlein that started reading books that were not homework.

8. One of Madonna's "vocal idols" is Ella Fitzgerald. Who is your all-time favorite female singer? 
Linda Ronstadt


9. Madonna once did a Pepsi commercial. What beverages are in your refrigerator right now?
Would you believe nothing? I am mainly a coffee or tea drinker, I can’t have any sugary drinks and I hate the taste of artificial sweetener. 

6 comments:

  1. You and I are so funny. I'm happiest when watching baseball and think sci-fi is a *complete* waste of my time. Yet we're both Linda Ronstadt fans. I'm sure there's a deep truth revealed here, but it's too early for me to unearth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot all about Ronstadt. She's terrific. And I love fantasy but not so much sci-fi, which is kind of odd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I loved Wuthering Heights and similar books! LOL Not a sci-fi fan either. But it's all good. I have to use "fake sugar" so I have tons of it on hand. Hate it, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not fond of artificial sweetners in soda but I find diet Sierra Mist has a good flavor otherwise my drink of choice is iced coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh--I can't believe I forgot Linda Ronstadt! I love her voice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so sad that Linda can't sing any more. She really was gifted.

    ReplyDelete