Saturday, December 20, 2014

Saturday 9: Happy Holidays!

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Happy Holidays!

1. As you can see, Sam loved giving her annual wish list to Santa. Yet some children are reluctant to climb into Jolly Old St. Nick's lap. Did you enjoy the tradition or were you shy? Or did you by pass it altogether -- either because you wrote him a letter or because your family didn't celebrate Christmas?
I can’t remember that far back, but my guess is that since if you told Santa want you wanted for Christmas, greed probably overrode my shyness.

2. Are you currently on the Naughty or Nice list? How did you get there?
Nice, I’m never naughty she said with a gleam in her eye.

3. Did you ship any gifts to friends and family this year? If so, which one traveled the farthest?
Well kind of since I’m driving down with my presents to give out.

4. Did you buy yourself a gift this year? 
I thinking about buying a tablet after the first of the year.

5. What's your favorite holiday-themed movie?
Probably “White Christmas” because I was stuck watching it with my parents back when I was a kid

6. Thinking of movies, Christmas is lucrative for Hollywood. Have you ever gone to a movie theater on Christmas Day?
Yes, last year. I forgot what we watched but we all came out of the theater scathing our heads trying to figure what the movie was about and then we went and had Chinese takeout.

7. Have you ever suffered an embarrassing moment at the company Christmas party? 
No, but I had fun watching others make a fool of themselves. Some of the guys who worked on the factory floor drank Polish vodka that was 180 proof and the only thing they cut it with was a maraschino cherry, just one. I tried a sip one time and WHEW!

8. What's your favorite beverage in cold weather?
It used to be hot mulled cider but now I switched to cinnamon apple spiced tea. The cider has way too many carbs for me now.

9. What will you remember most about 2014?
The year has been rather uneventful so probably the high point was going to see the Broadway play “Hedwig and the Angry Inch” staring Neil Patrick-Harris with a former classmate. We went down for a Sunday matinee, on the night that it won three Tony Awards. It was the first my first Broadway.

4 comments:

  1. I'd say that is a memorable year. I'm sure all your workshops and conferences blend together (I know mine do) but you've been successful presenting. And that's memorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That vodka sounds like very serious business!

    I think my attitude toward Santa was similar to yours. It felt like a chore, something I had to do to get the presents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just watched White Christmas a few nights ago. I love watching it every year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a very good year! I'm glad.

    ReplyDelete