Friday, May 02, 2014

Pride Seasons Is Upon Us!

The first of this year’s Pride celebration is tomorrow in Northampton MA, for trans-people it is a love hate relationship. Many trans-people love going to Prides and go to all of them in their area while other trans-people avoid them like the plague. Their reasons vary all over the spectrum, for me I go to the Northampton Pride event and I have marched in some of the parades but now it is just too much for me to walk up and down the hills in Northampton and I marched in the 40th  New York City Pride parade. I am not that much of a fan of crowds and I’m not that much of a fan of Pride to travel up to Boston, although I did go to the Providence Pride once (and I baked in the ninety degree plus heat). I was thinking about going to the New London Pride at the Beach event on August 23 because I haven't been to Ocean Beach Park in ages and I would like to go to see it again.

There used to be a Hartford Pride but that fell by the wayside and I think may trans-people miss it. It was an event where you could meet old friends and catch up on gossip of what is happening around the state.

While for other trans-people it is just not there cup of tea; they are just not interested in Pride events or even Trans-Pride events and I think that for a few trans-people there is a touch of homophobia in their decisions.

For me, I plan on going to Northampton Pride tomorrow if the rain holds off. I would march is the parade was a loop but walking from the start and then back again to get my car is too much for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment