Sunday, May 04, 2014

New Shoes

Last Thursday in the morning I went shopping for a new brown pair of slip-ons and I also bought a slacks and a top to go with the shoes. Before I transitioned I used to be in and out within 10 minutes, now it was over 45 minutes, and I had a pile of shoes that I tried on around me. The first pair I tried on fit like a glove, they were so comfortable, but when I looked at the price they were $285! Yikes! When I found a pair that I liked they were under $100.

Now that I had new shoes I needed an outfit to go with the shoes. After I did an outreach for APRN students in North Haven I went shopping for a beige pair of slacks and blouse in the afternoon. Do to my size consideration the selection wasn’t that great so I was there for a little under a half hour.

I wanted to get a new outfit because I was going to be at the National Association of Social Workers conference on Friday and I was giving a workshop. I always want to look professional when I give workshops because for many of the attendees I am the first trans-person that they have met and first impressions are important.

The only problem that I had was my new shoes were rubbing against a bone spur that I have on my heel and I was getting a blister. Luckily there was a hospital that had a vendor table and they were giving away band-aids but even with the blister covered I ended up giving my workshop in my stockings.


My workshop was a hit; I was looking over the evaluations afterward and they all were excellent, I overheard heard some of the comments afterward and one person said that I had a good sense of humor. So that was the last of three workshops that I did for the spring conference season.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the blisters but congratulations on a wonderful workshop. It's great to get such feedback!

    ReplyDelete