Saturday, May 24, 2014

The Star Spangled Banner

Crazy Sam’s The Star Spangled Banner

1) Are you a veteran? Are there veterans in your family? (We are grateful and want to hear about it.)
Just my father… WWII

2) Memorial Day also kicks off the summer season. What's your favorite picnic food?
Hamburgers, NE baked beans, potato salad and salad.

3) Let's celebrate the Memorial Day holiday with ice cream. What's your favorite flavor?
Husky Tracks

4) This marks the weekend when Americans step up their outdoor activity and do things they may not have been able to do during the winter months. For example, when is the last time you rode a bike?
Wow! I can’t remember that fair back… maybe the early 80s

5) Or went hiking?
Monday.

6) Or rode a horse?
That is an easy one… never.

7) Or toasted a marshmallow?
Probably 5 or 6 years ago when I had a s’more

8) As you answer these questions, is there an air conditioner or window fan on?
Nope, it is only in the fifties

9) Crazy Sam needs your help: What song or a performer would you like to see featured in a Saturday 9 this summer?
The Eagles

8 comments:

  1. S'mores! That's what I should have declared as my favorite picnic food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Eagles! Yes! Love their music.

    I rode horses until I fell off and then never got back on. I think it is better to stay off of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our weather is similar today. It's in the 50s and overcast (yet humid). blah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that site you linked with the ice cream made me very hungry! heehee! i wish we had something like that here! i think i would like that limited edition husky husky flavor. mmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "hungry husky", i meant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm discovering a lot of great new flavours in ice cream.....pity I'd need to catch a plane to buy some....*sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is the humidity that makes our summers so awful. Spring and fall are the only decent seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still listen to the Eagles on mu ipod. Music just is not as good today as it was back in the 70's.

    ReplyDelete