Thursday, April 26, 2012

My Story Part 116 – One Year Ago

One year ago this week I was writing my Capstone paper for my last class; I was all stressed out over the paper. I had an anxiety attack over the stress of the paper, of graduating, of giving my first profession workshop at the Connecticut chapter of the NASW conference, of the “Night to Remember” that evening and on Saturday giving another workshop at the Trans Health and Law conference.

But I made it through.

Now one year later, I see my friends who are graduating posting on Facebook the stress of writing their Capstone papers and I remember back to last year and all the emotions that I was going through. After the “Night to Remember,” I remember walking out to the parking lot crying with my other classmates, we didn’t want to leave. I still see some of my classmates from time to time and it is nice to hear what they are doing now. I went back to school a couple of weeks ago to visit one of my professors, we are giving a workshop together Saturday at the Trans Health and Law conference, and it felt weird to be walking through the hallways again after a year. I met a few friends in the lobby and we chatted awhile before I had to go up to the professor's office.

I wish all those who are graduating next congratulations! They have their "Night to Remember" tomorrow night and I know it will be just as emotional for them as it was for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment