Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I Been Busy…

Today was a twelve hours day, nine to nine. The day started out with the weekly staff meeting and then in the afternoon I had a meeting with the research team that I am a member. We received a grant to study the transgender community in the greater Hartford area, the pilot study will end at the end of the month and we should have the report out by April. When I got out of that meeting I went down to the University of New Haven to a panel discussion on discrimination and harassment facing the Asian Pacific American community. It was a very good discussion and I learned a lot about civil rights and hate crime laws.

Today I am going to a high school in the western part of the state to talk to a Gay Straight Alliance (GSA) about “Telling Your Story” to bring about change.

No comments:

Post a Comment