Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Painter girl asks 3 questions

Painter girl asks 3 questions

1. What is your favorite color?
Green, for me it is the color of spring and summer; it is the color of re-growth.

2. Who is your favorite artist?
Salvador Dahi because I love the Surrealist school of art and such artist as Max Ernst, Piet Mondrian, Kay Sage, Tanguy and Peter Blume and Calder. I can get lost in Salvador Dahi’s Apparition of Face and Fruit Dish on a Beach and Persistence of Memory (The painting with the melting clocks).
Did you know that many of the surrealist painters of that time lived or visited Connecticut and that the American Surrealist school had its roots in Woodbury where Sage and Tanguy lived. Because of the Connecticut connection, the Wadsworth Atheneum, in Hartford, was the first museum in America to present an exhibition of Surrealist art. A year later, the museum was the first to purchase a work by Dahi.

3. If you were a painting, which one would you be? Why?
I think the name of the painting is Nemesis, I don't remember the the painter but it was a American Impressionist in France, painting from the turn of the century (not this one but the 1900’s). The painting was of a sailboat with everyone lounging around on the deck drinking wine on a hot summer day. The picture looked so tranquil that I just wanted to be there.

3 comments:

  1. Hey you did this! Would you like to be featured on my special blog? email me if you do. Thanks Diana. I'll find the painting you've described also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mondrian-- we've talked about that before. I'm going to look up the painting you referenced.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh look at that painting. I don't think I've noticed that one before. They look to be having such a great time.

    ReplyDelete