Friday, May 04, 2007

STAND UP FOR HEALTH CARE RALLY


Statewide Rally
Saturday May 5, 2007
11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Bushnell Park, Hartford CT

Why stand up for health care?

1. Because 400,000 Connecticut residents are uninsured.

2. The emergency room has become a source of costly and inefficient health care for thousands of uninsured and under insured residents across the state.

3. Medical debt is the number one cause of personal bankruptcy.

4. 84% of people polled in CT want universal, accessible, affordable and quality health care for everyone.

5. Passing a marriage equality bill will certainly increase the health security for many same-sex couples, but health care should not be available only to those who choose to marry. ALL people deserve affordable, quality health care.

This will be a family friendly and fun for kids event with live entertainment, music, food vendors and universal health care inspiration. Buses will be available from around the state so be sure to express any transportation needs you might have.

1 comment:

  1. I'm one of the few fortunate ones- I am allowed to be insured under my partner. I had my own (very costly) insurance until she switched companies last year. I work for a tiny company, she works for a company near the top of the Fortune 500 list. It now costs less to insure both of us for an entire month than I paid just for myself for one week.

    I applaud you supporting this cause!

    ReplyDelete