Monday, May 07, 2007

Manic Monday

Manic Monday for May 7, 2007

What do you remember about your first day of school?
Oh, you are just going to love this answer. ;-)
My first day of school some fifty so years ago, my mother was having an asthma attack so my grandmother brought me to school. The school was only four blocks away and I went kicking and screaming all the way. I grabbed ever telephone phone along the way or anything else I could get my hands around and I cried the entire time I was there.

Have you ever attended a high school or college reunion? What was it like?
Yes, I have been to a couple of high school reunions over the years and mainly we just sat around and talked. We got caught up with all the gossips, who got divorced, how kids everyone has, who died, etc. they had a DJ at one of the reunions but nobody danced. This year if my fortieth reunion and I was thinking about going so I can get the title of “Most Changed”

Do you keep in regular contact with anyone from high school and/or college?
I have maintained friendship with my high school friends and I came out to them this February. I shall see how accepting they are or was it just talk.

3 comments:

  1. I love the visual picture of grabbing the telephone poles! LOL

    I'm thinking you would most certainly win for most changed! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never went to a full fledged high school or college reunion. But isn't that what places like My Space are for? All the reconnecting, half the akwardness!:)

    Janet
    www.theartofgettingby. (having google connection problems right now!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you could use MySpace but I find socialization in person much more fulfilling than typing on a computer.

    ReplyDelete